About Greg York
Gregory Vann York
President, Vann York Auto Group
Leading a third generation
Greg York leads a third generation of auto industry entrepreneurs. Greg began his automotive career in 1987 following a successful stint as a bond trader with NCNB Bank in Charlotte, North Carolina. He worked first overseeing the Toyota franchise, took the reins of the Honda dealership in 1990 and then became President of Vann York Automotive Group in 2000. Greg spearheaded the purchase of the Buick, Chevrolet, Cadillac, Nissan, and GMC franchises.
Excellence in leadership
Greg's leadership has ushered in two decades of prosperity and growth for the organization. Founded as a single franchise in 1971, Vann York Automotive Group now represents 40% of the local car market and 30% of the truck market.
A graduate of Duke University and UNC's Kenan Flagler Executive Institute, Greg was named in 1995 as one of the Triad's Top 40 Leaders Under 40.
Greg is a devoted steward of the community, serving the following organizations:
- High Point Bank, Board of Directors
- High Point Regional Hospital, Board of Directors, Executive and Finance Committees
- United Way, Board of Directors, 2011 Campaign Chair
- Boys and Girls Club of High Point, Board of Directors, Past Chairman
- Volunteer Coach, Piedmont Soccer Association
- Young President's Organization
- Westchester Country Day School, Board of Directors, Past Chairman
- Westchester Country Day School, Distinguished Alumni Award
- Assistant Scout Master, Troop 4